Friday, March 27, 2009

Sew fun!

Okay, so nothing scrappy to share with you today but I do have a few things that have really caught my eye and got my giddy!  So my new secret is that I FINALLY got into sewing!  My sweet mom gave me this little sewing machine that I think should probably only be used for paper-crafting but I just had some windows in my house calling for curtains.  Well, I just finished my first sewing project!  I made a valance for over our sliding glass doors in our family room.  A super easy, beginner project but I am just proud of myself for figuring out how to use the sewing machine in the first place!  My mom is a master seamstress and makes all kinds of beautiful and complicated things.  She had tried to teach me over the years but I never really caught on.  I guess I am more of a self-taught person.  Anyway, all that to say here are a few things that I am excited about now that my craftiness has expanded to sewing!  Enjoy!

First, Cosmo Cricket's new Cogsmo fabric!

Second, these adorable book covers by Christina's!

And third, this fabric banner by Elizabeth Kartchner (if only I had a little girl to make it for)!

Oh, and a little paper crafting inspiration too: Handmade Wreath's!  What do you think?

Hope you're all having a wonderful Friday!  Don't forget you have until midnight tonight to enter the drawing for my first giveaway!  See this post!

No comments: