Friday, October 17, 2008

Altered Bra...



I know some of you may be thinking, "what in the world?" about my little project I would like to share with you today.  Melissa Frances is hosting an altered bra contest over on her blog for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  I first read her post about it and thought it was a nice thought but not a project I was interested in being a part of.  Then I was watching an interview on TV of Condoleezza Rice (US National Security Advisor) in which she was talking about her mother's fight with breast cancer.  She said something to the effect of "everyone is in some way impacted by breast cancer" and I thought she is totally right.  Almost everyone has a family member, friend, coworker, or has them self been diagnosed with breast cancer.  

All that to say, my grandmother was diagnosed with breast cancer a few years ago when she was in her eighties.  I thought for sure this would be the time to say goodbye to her since I couldn't comprehend her old, frail body fighting off something like this.  Well, after surgery and radiation treatment I am happy to say that she is still with us today and will be 92 years old next month.  She has lived to see the birth of my first son and her first great-grandchild.  She is a very sweet, loving lady and has always been a prayer warrior for our family.  So this project is dedicated to her.


Paper: Basic Grey
Accessories: Cricut (Home Accents), rhinestones (CTMH), ribbon & flowers (craft supply)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Becca, you are amazing! I had so much fun looking at all of your creations! Love you!

Lauren Hancock

TaniaCIkin said...

That is fantastic - I checked out the competition on the PageMaps site but just could not get my head around it but that is really lovely and the lady in the card looked like such a gracious lady. Well Done.
Tania